Lecturing is pointed as the opening agenda on AYIEP 2017 because its importance to provide the background on addressing the problems and issues in ASEAN through ASEAN framework which is needed before we assess and address about digital diplomacy, digital activism, as well as digital citizenship as AYIEP subtheme.
This public lecture will be presented by several speakers from various fields who had worked in the related themes. The public lecture provide diverse perspectives from practitioners, bureaucrats, or academia. The speakers consisted of:
- H.E Ong Keng Yong, Former Secretary General of Association of Southeast Asia Nations (ASEAN), as the keynote speaker for the public lecture who will be presenting the ASEAN framework for all the participants. Currently he is the Executive Deputy Chairman of S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at Nanyang Technology University.
- H.E. Mr Francisco Fontan Pardo, European Union Ambassador to ASEAN, as the speaker for Digital Diplomacy. EU supports people-to-people connectivity and digital transformation of government, as the global rapid digitalization and revolution in communication are inevitable. EU has also developed a digitalization for the civic engagement and public relations in the areas of economy, health, social and politics through Digital Single Market.
- H.E Djauhari Oratmangun, Expert Staff for the Strategic Issues of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia, as the speaker for Digital Diplomacy. He was the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Russia and Republic of Belarus, serving from 2012-2016. During his services, he was awarded a medal “Sovyet Federatsi.20Let” for his support on the improvement of the parliament relationship of two respective countries.
- Alfatih Timur, CEO of kitabisa.com, as the speaker of lecture in digital activism. Alfatih is the founder of website kitabisa.com, the first crowd funding website in Indonesia. The aim of this website is to transform ideas and potential of people into realization. Kitabisa.com connects two parties, the inventor and the donors. Many social campaign and activism were successfully done by the publicity and media to donate which facilitated by this website.
- Dr. Dedy Permadi, Managing Director of Centre for Digital Society Universitas Gadjah Mada, as the speaker of lecture in digital citizenship. As the managing director of Centre for Digital Society (CfDS) UGM, he managed institution with aim to delve more on the study of contemporary digital society, including related issues such as smart city and urban development.