Lecturing is pointed as the opening agenda on AYIEP 2017 because its importance to provide the background on addressing the problems and issues in ASEAN through ASEAN framework which is needed before we assess and address about digital diplomacy, digital activism, as well as digital citizenship as AYIEP subtheme.
This public lecture will be presented by several speakers from various fields who had worked in the related themes. The public lecture provide diverse perspectives from practitioners, bureaucrats, or academia. The speakers consisted of:
- H.E Ong Keng Yong, Former Secretary General of Association of Southeast Asian Nations, as the keynote speaker for the public lecture who will be presenting the ASEAN framework for all the participants. Currently he is the Executive Deputy Chairman of S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at Nanyang Technology University. He is also the Chairperson of the Governing Board of the Human Resource Center, based at the University of Indonesia, in Jakarta.
- H.E Djauhari Oratmangun, Expert Staff for the Strategic Issues of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia, as the speaker for Digital Diplomacy. He was the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Russia and Republic of Belarus, serving from 2012-2016. During his services, he was awarded a medal “Sovyet Federatsi.20Let” for his support on the improvement of the parliament relationship of two respective countries.
- H.E Marie-Louise Hannan, Canadian Ambassador to ASEAN, as the speaker of lecture of Digital Diplomacy. Amb Hannan joined Canada Global Affairs in 1997 and has been posted in several countries, such as Malaysia, Taiwan, and United States. She previously worked as a researcher in computational linguistics at the Centre for Information Technology Innovation in Montréal and at Academia Sinica in Taiwan.
- Alfatih Timur, CEO of kitabisa.com, as the speaker of lecture of digital activism. Alfatih is the founder of website kitabisa.com, the first crowd funding website in Indonesia. The aim of this website is to transform ideas and potential of people into realization. Kitabisa.com connects two parties, the inventor and the donors. Many social campaign and activism were successfully done by the publicity and media to donate which facilitated by this website.
- Drs. Kuskridho Ambardi MA, Ph.D, a lecturer in Communication Department, Faculty of Social and Political Science UGM as the speaker of the lecture of digital citizenship. He was a moderator of the Center for Digital Society Expert Meeting 2017. Currently he is also an executive director of Indonesia Survey Institute and he was selected as one of the research lecturers of the National Research Council 2015-2018. He plays an important role in the research team of DigiJournalism, the first website to supervise the online journalism in Indonesia. His interest includes political party, journalism, mass media, and political communication.